Football Friends Online – When 90 Mins Is Not EnoughFootball Friends Online - When 90 Mins Is Not Enough » Manchester United Prepare £16m Swoop For World Cup Star Manchester United Prepare £16m Swoop For World Cup Star – Football Friends Online - When 90 Mins Is Not Enough

Manchester United Prepare £16m Swoop For World Cup Star

Manchester United manager Louis Van Gaal is set to strengthen his squad ahead of the brand new season and if reports from Guardian are to be believed, the Red Devils are ready to offer Sporting Lisbon £16m (€20) for the services of Argentina’s World Cup star Marcos Rojo. The 24 year old defender who primarily is deployed as a left wing back can also shuttle in as a central defender would seamlessly fit into United’s 3-5-2 system under Van Gaal. Rojo had a fantastic World Cup in Brazil and was also named in the team of the tournament, thus it’s no wonder than the Red Devils are set to pursue their interest in the Argentine.

Southampton are also interested in the player but the Saints had their £9.5m bid rejected the previous week. Saints manager Ronald Koeman said: “We are interested in Rojo but the transfer is a question for the chairman and (executive director) Les Reed.” Sky Sports have now reported that Rojo has himself handed in a transfer request and has pleaded with his current club that he wants to leave. Rojo did not train with Sporting on Tuesday which would very well suggest that the World Cup runner up could be heading to the exit door from Sporting.

Sporting president Bruno Carvalho however spoke tough and concluded that the club will not be forced to let away their prized assets, “Players have expectations, and Sporting will always try to see what can be done about that. But we will not give yield to pressure from agents and funds, we will not yield to attitudes that disrespect the club.”

Third party rights on the player concerned however might see Sporting get only 25% of Rojo’s transfer deal as the remaining 75% belonging to the Doyen group. Thus they would only earn around £4m for the player and are thus ready to play hardball as the club would get only peanuts should a deal be struck. Will United have to increase their bid or will Rojo’s persistence see him leave Sporting? We shall have the answer in the coming days.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *