All posts by Joe Nicholas

Arsenal plot January move for Italian forward

Accoding to reports from Spanish Media Outlet AS Sport, Arsenal are preparing a January bid for struggling Atletico Madrid winger Alessio Cerci. The 27-year-old right winger had joined the Spanish club from Torino earlier in the summer but has failed to live up his expectations of his season’s exploits. The reason has been simple, Atletico manager Diego Simeone has played summer signings Antoine Griezmann and Mario Mandzukic as attacking positions which has meant that Cerci has fallen further down the pecking order.

alessio-cerci

Cerci is thus frustrated and in a recent interview he claimed that he doesn’t have the patience to wait for his chances on the sidelines. Thus a move away from the Spanish capital is set on the cards with Arsenal very much in the running for the player. Cerci said,We’ll see what happens with Atletico from now until January, I didn’t go to Madrid to not play. I was always relied upon in Italy, I don’t have the patience to sit and stay on the bench.”

Simeone also reckons that a mjority of clubs have targeted Cerci, “To me it does not hurt to talk. It’s not a thought to the coach. No train individually and collectively train. I read the papers and see that Manchester United, Arsenal and Inter all want Cerci. That must mean that Atletico are one hell of a team”

There is no doubt that Arsenal can land the player and would be a great transfer by Arsene Wenger. The Gunners are struggling with just 23 points 15 games and are currently sixth in the Premier League standings. Cerci would no doubt make it into the starting eleven at Arsenal despite the plethora of talent at the Emirates side. Moreover, Cerci capable of scoring goals would also add an attacking dimension as an attacking striker.

Boost For Chelsea As Real Madrid Rule Out Of £70m Star Signing

Chelsea fans can finally breathe a sigh of relief as reports from English based Media Outlet DAILY STAR have claimed that the Spanish giants have ruled out a stunning £70m mid for Eden Hazard. The Belgian winger has been linked with the reigning European Champions of late but the recent report means the Stamford Bridge side will now be less worried about the player moving out from London.

hazard
hazard

Real manager Carlo Ancelotti has rubbished reports suggesting he is trying to sign the dazzling winger. The Galacticos manager said, “I’m happy with the squad I have. Sami Khedira has been unlucky because he had a small problem but Jese has recovered. We don’t need anyone in January.” Real have made staggering signings in the past few seasons and there is no doubt that despite Ancelotti’s words they are on the lookout for Hazard.

Hazard has been in superb form this season, having scored 7 goals already and is one of the key players who is behind Chelsea’s superb start to the season. The Blues still lead the Premier League standings by 3 points having lost to Newcastle United away at St James’ Park on Saturday.

Hazard will also be he key for Jose Mourinho’s side as the season prolongs. The 23 year old is one of the finest players in the Premier League and there is no way that Chelsea would let him go in the upcoming January transfer window.

£11million Chelsea Star Set To Have Talks With Mourinho Regarding Future

Mohammed Salah has cut a frustrated figure at Chelsea ever since making a move to the Stamford Bridge side in January. The Egyptian winger was destined to have a flourishing career but that has somehow hit the roadblock ever since he decided to leave Swiss side Basel where he was one of the mainstays in the squad. Moving to Chelsea was never a great deal for the player himself at such a young age of 22, specially when he fully knew that he wouldn’t have been able to garner significant game time for the Blues.

salah

He is learning the hard way it seems and evidently has grown tired by warming the sidelines. It is now reported by English Media outlet DAILY STAR that the player will now have talks with manager Jose Mourinho over his future.

With the January transfer window set to open in a few weeks time, Salah could well leave London for a move to Inter Milan, the Italian side who are interested in the winger. Salah is yet to start a Premier League game this season and was not even on the bench at Newcastle yesterday. Chelsea spent £11m for him for its now proving to be a blunder by the London side.

Mourinho is however adamant that no players will leave in the upcoming winter transfer window. “I don’t want anybody to leave.” However, the report clearly states that Slah’s representative will meet the Chelsea manager soon to discuss the winger’s immediate future. The player is under contract until 2019, and does understandably not want to spend all season on the bench. So will he force his move away from the club? Only tiem shall have an apt answer.

Spanish Superstar keen to complete Manchester United move in January

Manchester United could well have another goalkeeper in their squad by the time the January transfer window reopens. According to reports from Madrid based Spanish media outlet MARCA, former Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes who is training with the Red Devils for the past two months is now eager to sign a contract with the Old Trafford side. The report claims that Valdes is eager to sign for United now that he is a free agent after being released by Barcelona in the past summer.

Victor Valdes
Victor Valdes

The Spaniard who has immense experience under his belt has fully recuperated from his injury sustained last season, one that saw him miss the World Cup in Brazil. Valdes had earlier agreed terms to sign for French side Monaco but the club pulled back their offer after the goalkeeper got injured. It is believed that Valdes had a huge offer from Monaco and their had been a contractual dispute with the nouvea riche French outfit. Valdes has now however settled the dispute and is eager to get back to playing ways.

Should Valdes sign for United, there would be a sense of uncertainty with David De Gea’s future. The Manchester United number one has attracted the interest of Real Madrid who are keeping close tabs on the player. However, it would be stupid from manager Louis Van Gaal if he allows De Gea to move in January as the goalkeeper has been in stunning form this season. This could also mean that the out of favour Anders Lindegaard could leave the club. The Dutch star has already made it clear that he wants to pursue his career elsehwere and is willing to move on due to a lack of game time.

Manchester United target set to complete transfer In next few days?

According to reports from Italian media outlet Tutto Mercato Web, Brazilian midfielder Lucas Silva could well be on his way to Real Madrid in the upcoming January transfer window and a deal could be completed in the next few days. It is believed that the reigning European Champions have offered €12m for the player but Silva’s club Cruzeiro is not willing to negotiate for any figure lower than €15m according to DAILY STAR.

lucas-silva

The Club’s President Gilvan de Pinho Tavares has insisted Silva will not leave leave for anything less than £12m.
He said: “There’s no definitive offer yet – we’re waiting to receive a formal offer. But we have already set a price for the player based on his market value. Cruzeiro is not willing to negotiate for any figure lower than €15m.” 

The 21 year old who is also a Manchester United target is tipped to be a huge future star and has a huge reputation in his homeland. Moreover, he is just the kind of player that the Red Devils need. Silva plays in the defensive midfield role and it is a position which Louis van Gaal wants to strengthen in January. The player is known to screen the back four breaking up the opposition attacks and then help to build from a deeper role.

With Daley Blind out injured for a significant period of time, Silva would exactly have been the kind of player that United needs. Someone who has a calming influence in front the defense and help out the two centre backs while the fullbacks join attacks up front. It is believed that Carlo Ancelotti had asked former colleague and AC Milan player Serginho to give an insight on Silva and the Brazilian had asked the Real manager to go ahead for the player.

 

Manchester United have £50m bid lined up for German Superstar

According to reports from British Media Outlet Manchester Evening News, Manchester United are preparing a £50m bid for Bayern Munich star Mario Gotze. The German World Cup winner is believed to be available after just two years joining from bitter rivals Borussia Dortmund. United have a seizeable transfer kitty to spend in the upcoming January transfer and manager Louis Van Gaal has made it clear that the Red Devils will be spending in the transfer market to enhance their squad depth.

Mario-Gotze

It might seem strange but Bayern could sell the 22-year-old Gotze in order to buy Marco Reus from Dortmund who is also set to be available for £20m according to the report. Gotze would easily fit in United’s system and would no doubt make an instant impact with his brilliant layoffs for strikers up front.

Also it means that United are planning for the long term. With Robin Van Persie looking far from his best and Juan Mata being linked with a move back to Spain, Gotze could be a real option for the Red Devils. Should the German make the move to Old Trafford, it would mean that captain Wayne Rooney could play up front rather than having to do the midfield work any longer.

However, Gotze has been quite happy at the Allianz Arena so why would Bayern even decide to sell the player? Elsewhere, United have also been linked with Kevin Strootman of Roma, the Dutch star who has a keen admirer in Van Gaal.

Arsenal and Chelsea target drops hint on January transfer

According to reports from British Media Outlet METRO, Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira who has been linked with Arsenal and Chelsea since the summer could well snub the transfer move in the upcoming January transfer window. The World Cup winner who is unsettled in the Spanish capital said, “It is a known fact that my contract expires [at the end of the season]. [The club and I] are always in good contact. I feel very comfortable in Madrid. I am not averse to staying. There are no talks with other clubs. I am curious myself to see where I will end up.”

Khedira
Khedira

Real have also been linked with Brazilian midfielder Lucas Silva over the past few days which could suggest that Khedira is on the move  but the recent developments reveal a completely different story. The German star hasn’t featured much for Real in the past months and it was believed that he could be sold in January or the reigning European Champions would lose him on a free next summer.

Arsenal are very much ready to acquire his services while Jose Mourinho also wants him at Chelsea. Bayern Munich are also interested in the 27 year old. Khedira has also declined on a possible contract extension with Real but its evident that the Galacticos won’t let him go on the cheap in the coming months. Arsenal could well do with a player of Khedira’s ability, a player they have lacked and someone who can screen the back four and also mould himself like a playmaker who can build up play from deep.

Khedira fits the bill for Arsene Wenger’s side and the French manager would we willing to splash the cash if required to secure the servises of the Tunisian born German.

£31m Manchester United target wants Arsenal move

Paulo Dybala has been one of the rising names in the Serie A this season. The 21 year Palermo striker has caught everyone’s eyes this season having scored 6 goals and grabbed 2 assists in 13 appearances. The Argentine striker who is dubbed as the next Sergio Aguero has caught envious glances from Premier League giants Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal.

paulo-dybala-544024

Dybala however wants to play for Arsenal and he has been quite vocal over his desire to play in England and that too for the Gunners, “To know that someone like that thinks highly of me fills me with pride. I can’t deny that going to Arsenal and playing in the Premier League would be great, but at the moment I’m a Palermo player. Different news stories keep coming out, but my thoughts are only occupied by Torino at the weekend. All goal is to stay up, I can’t allow myself to be distracted from that.”

There is no doubt that Dybala is a precocious talent but given that he has a £31m release clause as reported by English tabloid DAILY EXPRESS, its tough to see the player making a move in the upcoming January transfer window. Arsenal would be willing to sign yet another striker but there is no way that manager Arsene Wenger would pay such a huge sum for someone who is inexperienced and untested in the Premier League.

Moreover, the player is currently happy in Palermo and the Italian side are always tough to deal with. Arsenal could sell forward Lukas Podolski in January, the German World Cup winner who has given vent to his frustrations due to the lack of gametime on the pitch.

Talking of strikers, why haven’t Arsenal been able to replace Thierry Henry. Our Partners at Soccer Acme has come up with a smashing article. Click here to read it.